Pages

Friday, July 04, 2014

It's been hours now,
 and I'm turning to tequila instead of yoga,
 drinking deep instead of breathing.
Because I don't know how to do this,
I don't know to be wanted,
how to be want-able.
I think I did once,
 or twice
 maybe it just happened and no one knew why.
Or maybe those others,
they were trawling for an innocent,
someone with fragile bones.
And there I was.
The thing about bones is that once you break them
 they'll always be easier to snap.
 Yeah that's okay,
 I knit back together each time thinking I'm
stronger than the last
but if you find the right spot to tap
 I'll split down the middle
old hurts spilling onto the pavement.
I don't know what I'm trying to say
except when I'm standing next to you
all the words melt into nothingness
and when I get back home
they explode onto my tongue.
So I'm killing them with tequila,
and sending them into space.

No comments:

Post a Comment