Some things, numbered for no reason.
For anyone who's interested in factual stuff about me, rather than just my waffly feelings.
1. I've been alive for almost 25 years. This blog has been alive for almost 6 of those years.
2. I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I was diagnosed about 10 years ago. It's a bitch.
I also have Anxiety and Depression (with big scary looming capitals)
3. I am one of the messiest people you will ever meet. No joke. But my body is very, very clean to make up for it.
4. I am the eldest of three. My little brother is a massive drama nerd. He's also one of my flatmates, and sometimes he makes me food. My baby sister is awesomely, effortlessly cool. And she has no idea. She also has the Best Hair.
5. I really like capitalising for impact.
6. I like skulls.
7. I have 0 tattoos on my body. Because I am indecisive, and fickle minded.
8. I have 6 holes, specifically for the insertion of metal bits and pieces. I used to have 7.
9. Sometimes I feel silly about having a blog, it seems a bit self indulgent, and a wee bit Noughties. However I enjoy having a place to write bits and bobs.
10. I don't like commitment.
11. I love being alone.
12. I like wind, it makes me feel more alive than usual. Last night we had 160 km winds, it was a bit scary because I thought the windows might blow in. But also lovely.
13. I have been collecting bits and pieces of an English Literature degree since I was 18. Sometimes I get sick and have to stop for a while.
14. I'm tempted to say that I like books more than people, but it's not really true. I'm just more comfortable with them.
15. I find people hard.
16. If I could eat cheese every day and not make myself ill, I would.
17. I am allergic to grass, pollen, mold, all the animals, dairy, eggs, nuts and chocolate. And sensitive to gluten. So basically I'm fucked.
18. I like to pretend that I am only allergic to nuts and eggs though. And bury my face in my cat's fur.
19. My cat's purr, and tiny snores are my favourite sounds. Closely followed by wind, rain and the ocean.
20. I played the flute for quite a long time, until I sold mine to make rent. I don't really like the way it sounds, but I loved the feeling of my clever fingers, and mouth, and lungs, and eyes, and brain all working perfectly together. I do miss it.
21. One day I want to learn glass blowing.
22. At the moment I'm taking an online art class which is neat.
23. I think glitter is rad.
24. I want to start using the word rad.
25. If I offer to cook for you, I love you at least a little bit.
26. This one time I moved to a different country for a girl, it was a terrible idea.
27. I want to be a librarian when I turn into a proper adult
28. I have a curvy spine. When I was 15 I got sent for x-rays, and at first my doctors were like "whelp, you'll be in a wheelchair by 30" and then they talked to more doctors and they were like "we're going to have to operate on your spine and take bone grafts from your thighs" and then a few months before the surgery was meant to happen my grandparents paid for a super expensive specialist to look at new x-rays and he was like "you're fine". So now I just have to have x-rays every few years to make sure nothings shifted.
29. Forget-me-nots are my favourite flower. I also like daisies and lavender and rosemary. And peonies.
30. My dad died when I was very little. It's not a sad thing, it's just a thing that happened, thing.
31. I have a bunny named Rosie. She used to be pink, but now she's grey. She sleeps in my bed.
32. I want to learn how to embroider so I can make pretty cushions with rude words on them.
33. I've never broken a bone. Which is astounding seeing as I'm incredibly clumsy.
35. I've been known to trip over nothing on more than one occasion. Like every second Tuesday.
36. I used to self harm. I haven't for a really long time now though, which I'm proud of. I wrote about it on here quite a bit.
37. I really love Katherine Mansfield. And Neil Gaiman. And Jeanette Winterson.
38. My cat is super cute.